Cosmetic Grade Upsalite®
Cosmetic grade Upsalite®, a mesoporous magnesium carbonate, is a novel, patented ingredient for use in color cosmetics applications.
- Trade Name: Upsalite Cosmetic Grade C101
- INCI Name: Magnesium Carbonate
- Key Functions: Shine control, long lasting mattifying effect, sebum control, texture and viscosity modifier
- COSMOS Standard: Upsalite® (Cosmetic Grade C101), a mesoporous magnesium carbonate, is a raw material verified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE, compliant with the COSMOS Standard and without animal origin
Upsalite®, a mesoporous magnesium carbonate, is a novel, patented ingredient that arose from pharmaceutical research at Uppsala University.
- Dual absorption: Upsalite can absorb both hydrophilic and lipophilic substances simultaneously
- Encapsulation: Upsalite encapsulates excess oil and moisture, leaving its outer structure dry. This can extend the wear time of your makeup products and decrease caking and creasing caused by excess sebum
- Superior absorption capacity: The porous structure of Upsalite gives the material an enormous amount of surface area, which in turn allows it to absorb more oil and excess moisture compared to other commonly used ingredients
- No flashback: The material has no measurable flashback effect
- Semitranslucent: The material is semitranslucent on the skin
Absorption in Microscale
Cosmetic grade Upsalite® has been proven useful in a wide range of color cosmetic applications – both pressed, loose and liquid formulations – and hair care, such as dry shampoo formulas.
Pore Perfect Primer Mousse, Smooth Canvas Face Primer & Perfect Primer Stick
Velvety Soft Finishing Powders & Velvety Soft Finishing Compact
Stay perfect setting powders
Glow Highlighter Stick
Creamy Matte Foundation Stick, Loose Powder Matte Control Foundation & Weightless Compact Foundation
All Day Matte Concealer
Matte Liquid Lip Color
A COSMOS Standard raw material
Upsalite® (Cosmetic Grade C101), a mesoporous magnesium carbonate, is a raw material verified by ECOCERT GREENLIFE, compliant with the COSMOS Standard and without animal origin. Read more at Cosmos-Standard.org or contact us to learn more.
Unlock our data library
Sign up to our newsletter to get direct access to download our Cosmetic Prototype Booklet, Technical Data Sheet, and “Mesoporous magnesium carbonate for use in powder cosmetics”, our article published in the International Journal of Cosmetic Science.
Already subscribed? Use the email you signed up with – we won’t send you duplicate newsletters!
Let’s get in touch!
Contact us today to learn how we work with contract manufacturers and brands.